Designated a board-certified civil trial specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1994.
Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
I hold the prestigious AV Preeminent rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest award given in this peer review.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1994
- Texas, 1981
- U.S.. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1982
- U.S.. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S.. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1992
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1995
- Texas Tech University of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D.., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1981
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- B.S.., Bachelor or Science - 1975
Professional Awards, Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Panola County Bar Association, Past President
Community Awards, Associations and Memberships
- Panola County Development Foundation, President 1993, 2005
- Board of the Panola County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman,2007
- Carthage Lions Club, President, 1996-1997
- Board Member of the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame
- Volunteer of the Year, Panola County Chamber of Commerce, 2008
Prior Legal Experience
* - AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Temple-Eastex, Staff Counsel, 1981-1982
- 123rd Judicial District (Panola and Shelby Counties), Assistant District Attorney, 1982-1985
- County Judge of Panola County, 1987-1990